DENVER — Left Hand Brewing Co. Inc., based in Longmont, continues as the most-awarded craft brewery in Colorado after receiving two medals over the weekend at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver. The craft brewer has received 29 medals overall at GABF.
Left Hand was among 23 independent brewers from the state to medal at the festival, which drew 9,904 entries from 2,154 breweries.
“Colorado proves that we are a leader in the craft beer industry and shows that our brewers continue to brew consistently excellent beers in all types of styles,” CBG executive director Shawnee Adelson said in a written statement.
Colorado award winners for 2022 were:
- Coopersmith’s Pub & Brewing (Fort Collins): Silver medal for Sticky Fingers Saison (AHA Member Mark Pennick) in the Pro-Am competition.
- Twisted Pine Brewing Co., tradename for Timberline Brewing Co. (Boulder): Silver medal for Rockin’ Roggen in the Rye Beer category.
- Jessup Farm Barrel House, trade name for Bucking Horse Brewery LLC (Fort Collins): Gold medal for Barrel-Aged Soft Skills in the Wood-and Barrel-Aged Beer category.
- Rock Cut Brewing Co., trade name for Confluence Brewing Inc. (Estes Park): Bronze medal for Wooden Mayhem in the Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Stout category.
- The Post Brewing Co. LLC (Lafayette): Gold medal for El Corn in the International Dark Lager category.
- Left Hand Brewing Co. (Longmont): Bronze medal for St Vrain in the Belgian-Style Strong Specialty Ale category, silver medal for Milk Stout in the Oatmeal Stout category, and Brewery of the year 15,000-100,000 barrels.
- Odell Brewing Co. – Sloan’s Lake (Denver): Bronze medal for Dark Helmet in the Imperial Stout category.
- Westbound & Down Brewing Co. (Idaho Springs) and Bierstadt Lagerhaus (Denver): Silver medal for Chicago Peaks Kolsch in Collaboration Competition.
- Joyride Brewing Co. (Edgewater): Silver medal for Black Razz Blonde in the American Fruit Beer category.
- Cerebral Brewing (Denver): Bronze medal for Fuego Reserva in the Chili Beer category.
- River North Brewery (Denver): Silver medal for Hello Darkness in the Other Strong Beer category.
- Holidaily Brewing Co. (Golden): Silver medal for BuckWit Belgian in the Gluten-Free beer category.
- New Terrain Brewing Co. (Golden): Silver medal for Mirage in the American Sour Ale category.
- Our Mutual Friend (Denver): Gold medal for Trystero in the Brett Beer category and Silver medal for Biere Ovale in the Mixed-Culture Brett Beer category.
- Dry Dock Brewing Co. – North Dock (Aurora): Silver medal for Docktoberfest in the German-Style Märzen category.
- Resolute Brewing Co. (Centennial): Silver medal for Execrator in the German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock category.
- Launch Pad Brewery (Aurora): Silver medal for Citronaut in the English Ale category.
- Westbound & Down Brewing Co. (Idaho Springs): Silver medal for Spirit of the West in the English India Pale Ale or New Zealand India Pale Ale category.
- Comrade Brewing Co. (Denver): Gold medal for More Dodge Less Ram in the American-Style India Pale Ale category.
- Bristol Brewing Co. (Colorado Springs): Silver medal for Laughing Lab Scottish Ale in the Scottish-Style Ale category.
- Baere Brewing Co. (Denver): Silver medal for Saison in the Classic Saison category.
- Cannonball Creek Brewing Co. (Golden): Bronze medal Rosemary Sourdough Saison in the Specialty Saison category.
- Crooked Stave (Denver): Gold medal for Stay the Funk In in the Belgian-Style Sour Ale category.